Subscribe to our newsletter
Check out our previous newsletters
Happy 3rd Birthday (8/6/13), Engaging Peace! Please support our continuing work.
Support Engaging Peace by shopping at Amazon.com through this link. Thanks!
- Like father, like son. Not. | Engaging Peace on Reviewing moral disengagement and engagement
- Gold Dust Twin on Two Paths in the Wood: “Choice” of Life or War, Part 1
- Occupy Not | Engaging Peace on Veterans and the Occupy movements
- Christine C. on What does terrorism mean to you?
- Ariana Simonelli on Join the US armed services and increase your RMST!!!
- Amanda D. on Seeking the kindness of strangers, Part II
- Amanda D. on What’s so bad about the Ferguson, MO, shooting, anyway?
- Amanda D. on Do you hear what I hear?
- Amanda D. on Are you being tricked into abetting criminal negligence?
- Amanda D. on The abused brain
Tag Archives: Boston University
We have now passed the 2,000th fatality in Afghanistan but that war is winding down and we are bringing the troops home to a safer environment.
Or so we are supposed to think… Continue reading
“Run, Hide, Fight” is a new reality police video promulgated by the Boston University Police for the BU community. It has even drawn the attention of local news broadcasts.
The film is a powerfully realistic depiction of what could happen if a mass shooter … Continue reading
The third reason the official numbers are low is the tendency to focus on what has already been spent, forgetting future war-related obligations. But of course, paying for the wars will not end when the last soldiers come home… Continue reading
First, there is a tendency to focus on what has been appropriated by Congress specifically for the war, with the consequence that the larger costs of war in Iraq are either missed or downplayed. Specifically, many tallies focus on Congressional appropriations to the Department of Defense for the Iraq war, most of which were authorized in special emergency or supplemental … Continue reading