Subscribe to our newsletter
Check out our previous newsletters
Happy 3rd Birthday (8/6/13), Engaging Peace! Please support our continuing work.
Support Engaging Peace by shopping at Amazon.com through this link. Thanks!
- Gold Dust Twin on Operation Shanghai
- Sarah N on Are you being tricked into abetting criminal negligence?
- Gold Dust Twin on Are you being tricked into abetting criminal negligence?
- Are you being tricked into abetting criminal negligence? | Engaging Peace on Moral disengagement – Introduction
- Barbara on Invasion of the Body Snatchers: Sexual Trafficking in the United States
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers: Sexual Trafficking in the United States | Engaging Peace on Comfort women
- Barbara on Like father, like son. Not.
- Ariana Simonelli on Bang, Bang, You’re Dead, Part 2.
- Bang, Bang, You’re Dead, Part 2. | Engaging Peace on USA: A culture of violence
- Barbara on Bang, Bang, You’re Dead, Part 2.
Tag Archives: Iraq war
Photo by Tom Pratt.. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license. Every way I turn my head, I hear echoes from 9/11. What I hear: Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump. The excited heart of … Continue reading
Imagine that on September 11, 2001, instead of four airplanes (allegedly) used as missiles, massive air strikes had targeted numerous strategic sites in the U.S.
Over 50 aerial bomb drops
Stenciling boasting over 50 aerial bomb drops. Image in public domain.
Instead of attacks over a few hours on one morning, consider the bombardment’s continuing unabated for three-and-a-half weeks, for the purpose of “shocking and aweing” … Continue reading
Everyday at the barracks it was staring me in the face, and every night it replayed itself in my head. Bradley and the old man he shot, Brendan’s mother, Fallujah, the innocent Iraqis who never wanted any of this, all the drinking and drugs, and everyone who told us that we were heroes… Continue reading