Subscribe to our newsletter
Check out our previous newsletters
Happy 3rd Birthday (8/6/13), Engaging Peace! Please support our continuing work.
Support Engaging Peace by shopping at Amazon.com through this link. Thanks!
- Eve Rosenfeld on What’s so bad about the Ferguson, MO, shooting, anyway?
- Michelle P. on Can we get there from here? Pursuing nonviolence
- Michelle P. on What’s so bad about the Ferguson, MO, shooting, anyway?
- Michelle P. on Bang, bang, you’re dead, Part 1
- Michelle P. on Bang, Bang, You’re Dead, Part 2.
- Eve Rosenfeld on Predators
- Michelle P. on Feel the pain
- Michelle P. on Invasion of the Body Snatchers: Sexual Trafficking in the United States
- Michelle P. on Who knows why we fight? George knows.
- Michelle P. on Corporate America: Purveyor of Inhuman “Rights”
Tag Archives: Liberate THIS
Rachel Corrie literally stood up for what she believed on March 16, 2003. She stood before the Israeli military who came to Rafah in armored bulldozers to level homes.
With her courageous stand, she equated her Western life with the lives of the Palestinian families behind her. Perhaps her actions were an affront to the occupation soldiers staring … Continue reading
Iraqis are still suffering today under the brutal grip of American-led occupation. Life goes on in the hope that one day, circumstances will improve.
For now, however, as it has been for decades, they struggle. Electricity, water, and jobs… Continue reading
I stepped off of the rickety bus at the Iraqi border along with my fellow passengers making the difficult journey into occupied land. I was so tired, both from the long trip and my recent crying. My eyes alternated between staring vaguely into the distance in a sleep-deprived daze and darting toward … Continue reading
Finally, on Christmas Eve, I got a seat on a red-eye flight out of London and landed in Kuwait City on Christmas morning. Though I was tired, my excitement prevented me from getting any sleep. Exhausted and jet-lagged, I struggled through airport customs and the Kuwait border emigration process to get to Kuwait’s northern border. Continue reading