Subscribe to our newsletter
Check out our previous newsletters
Happy 3rd Birthday (8/6/13), Engaging Peace! Please support our continuing work.
Support Engaging Peace by shopping at Amazon.com through this link. Thanks!
- Gold Dust Twin on News of its Death is Greatly Exaggerated
- Jyothi Nair on Who knows why we fight? George knows.
- Jyothi Nair on Are you being tricked into abetting criminal negligence?
- Michaela Buckley on Like father, like son. Not.
- Jyothi Nair on Like father, like son. Not.
- Jyothi Nair on Invasion of the Body Snatchers: Sexual Trafficking in the United States
- Eve Rosenfeld on Like father, like son. Not.
- Svetlana on Tomorrow’s wars: Let’s stop them now.
- Svetlana on Who knows why we fight? George knows.
- Svetlana on Are you being tricked into abetting criminal negligence?
Tag Archives: moral agency
Bulletin: PFC Bradley Manning pleads guilty to some charges against him for providing classified government documents to Wikileaks. Manning’s statement is a remarkable document, illustrating many forms of reasoning we have identified as morally engaged, based on Albert Bandura’s theory … Continue reading
Yesterday, December 18, 2011, saw the passing of Václav Havel, an exemplar of moral engagement. Havel was a playwright and poet who became the leader of the opposition to Communist rule in Czechoslovakia starting in the 1960s. He helped launch … Continue reading
The U.S. is a diverse nation with many subcultures. What do we know about cultural values in the Arizona in which Jared Loughner grew up? Among the major values shaping the social climate in Arizona (the exosystem) are rugged individualism, … Continue reading