Subscribe to our newsletter
Check out our previous newsletters
Happy 3rd Birthday (8/6/13), Engaging Peace! Please support our continuing work.
Support Engaging Peace by shopping at Amazon.com through this link. Thanks!
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers: Sexual Trafficking in the United States | Engaging Peace on Comfort women
- Barbara on Like father, like son. Not.
- Ariana Simonelli on Bang, Bang, You’re Dead, Part 2.
- Bang, Bang, You’re Dead, Part 2. | Engaging Peace on USA: A culture of violence
- Barbara on Bang, Bang, You’re Dead, Part 2.
- Bang, Bang, You’re Dead, Part 2. | Engaging Peace on Ecological approach to studying peace and war
- Barbara on Bang, bang, you’re dead, Part 1
- Gold Dust Twin on Nonviolent Protest Trumps Market Basket Scheme
- Gold Dust Twin on What’s so bad about the Ferguson, MO, shooting, anyway?
- Dot Walsh on Profiting from Prisons: The Evil Corporation Connection Part 2
Tag Archives: hatred
In her book The Ideology of Hatred: The Psychic Power of Discourse, Niza Yanay argues that conflicts formerly identified as struggles for national autonomy or self-determination are now being viewed as products of hatred. We heard a lot of that … Continue reading
Psychoanalysts have had a long interest in war and other forms of human aggression. For example, the “father” of psychoanalysis, Sigmund Freud (1915), horrified by the outbreak of World War I, argued that the violence was convincing evidence that “A … Continue reading
In the world of Hollywood, R2-D2 is an appealing robot who comes to the rescue in every Star Wars movie. In the real world, robots are being created to kill on their own—that is, without human direction and oversight.
Although proponents of killing without risk to … Continue reading
Seven more deaths (including the gunman) and four more wounded in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Why? Racism, hatred, anger, fear, frustration, propaganda, the easy availability of weapons, and the corruption of the United States Constitution. Pseudo-conservative, pseudo-Christian, pseudo-moral right-wing extremists have … Continue reading